Re: [solectria_ev] E-10 loses power

  • Steve Dill
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 9, 2007
      Anyone know what a good substitute is? Am I redesigning my truck with
      new controllers and new motors. I cannot drive if it completely quits
      periodically.

      Expensive lesson.
      Stephen

      --- arthur marquardt <inominate@...> wrote:

      > Steve:
      >
      > So sorry about your controller! The pin idea sounds good if you have
      > and ohmmeter try disassembling the housing and ohming from the rear
      > of the sub D connector to the rear of the mating sub D connector.
      > This is a little involved but will tell you for sure if corrosion is
      > a problem or not. I do not know of a source for AMC 325s everybody
      > wants one as they work in both the E-10 and the Force. Azure formerly
      > Solectria doesn't service them anymore according to my understanding.
      >
      > Even more good luck,
      >
      > Art
      > -----
      > Continued testing. I swapped the controllers around. The suspected
      > bad one does not work on either motor and the probably good one
      > does.
      >
      > I have a bad controller.
      >
      > The good controller, now labelled 'A' has no identification on it,
      > except "Solectria". The suspected bad one, identifiable by the
      > white
      > corrosion all it, says AMC325.
      >
      > Any recommendations on how I should procede?
      > Fix or replace?
      > If replace, what brand and model?
      >
      > Gods!! do that actually cost $6000. Can you even buy them any more?
      >
      > I found another possibility that perhaps the female 9-pin connector
      > is
      > corroded. I will try cleaning that up.
      > Thanks
      > Stephen

      http://tv.yahoo.com/
    • Stephen Taylor
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 14, 2007
        Actually the minimum recommended pack voltage for the DMOC445 is 144 volts and I think it will operate down to at least 120 volts. I have 2 DMOC445s right now one for a 156 volt car and the other for a 168 volt car.

        Stephen Taylor