Re: [solectria_ev] E-10 loses power

  • arthur marquardt
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 9, 2007
      Steve:

      So sorry about your controller! The pin idea sounds good if you have and ohmmeter try disassembling the housing and ohming from the rear of the sub D connector to the rear of the mating sub D connector. This is a little involved but will tell you for sure if corrosion is a problem or not. I do not know of a source for AMC 325s everybody wants one as they work in both the E-10 and the Force. Azure formerly Solectria doesn't service them anymore according to my understanding.

      Even more good luck,

      Art
      -----
      Continued testing. I swapped the controllers around. The suspected
      bad one does not work on either motor and the probably good one does.

      I have a bad controller.

      The good controller, now labelled 'A' has no identification on it,
      except "Solectria". The suspected bad one, identifiable by the white
      corrosion all it, says AMC325.

      Any recommendations on how I should procede?
      Fix or replace?
      If replace, what brand and model?

      Gods!! do that actually cost $6000. Can you even buy them any more?

      I found another possibility that perhaps the female 9-pin connector is
      corroded. I will try cleaning that up.
      Thanks
      Stephen

    • Stephen Taylor
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 14, 2007
        Actually the minimum recommended pack voltage for the DMOC445 is 144 volts and I think it will operate down to at least 120 volts. I have 2 DMOC445s right now one for a 156 volt car and the other for a 168 volt car.

        Stephen Taylor