1995 Solectria Force

  • sunnybanklad
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9, 2007
      Hi, I have a 1995 Solectria Force. I am the second owner. Last summer,
      the charger blew a fuse. I got someone to look at the charger and he
      took it and wouldn't return it until almost half a year later. He said
      I didn't have to worry about not charging the batteries.

      Well, of course, the batteries are not dead.

      He said that he has repaired the charger.

      I've tried to find other people in the Los Angeles area to help me
      repair the car, but haven't been very successful.

      So I am thinking of selling the car. I still owe money on it from the
      loan, but, of course, even if I get new batteries, I don't see how I
      can maintain it. I am also now on partial disability.

      I am in the San Gabriel Valley (Pasadena).

      If anyone is interested, send me an email.
    • jim donovan

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 9, 2007
          The car is in good condition. It was originally from
          Vermont so there is some rust, but nothing major.

          The batteries are too weak to be charged and so need
          to be replaced.

          Because it has a commuter lane sticker, I'm asking 11K
          or best offer.

          Someone told me a running Force would be worth 15K.

          I'm very sad to let this go, but I can't find anyone
          to help me fix it and the person who took the charger
          and wouldn't even return it when I asked, wanted to do
          some experimental charging of the batteries, but feels
          no financial responsibility for the car or the now
          dead batteries even though he knows the batteries were
          fine when he took the charger.

          Jana
          --- jim donovan <donovan66205@...> wrote:

          > I am interested. Can we discuss details - condition
          > of car, its operating condition, price, etc.
          >
          > Jim
          > 913.236.9466
          >

          > sunnybanklad <sunnybanklad@...> wrote:
          > Hi, I have a 1995 Solectria Force. I am
          > the second owner. Last summer,
          > the charger blew a fuse. I got someone to look at
          > the charger and he
          > took it and wouldn't return it until almost half a
          > year later. He said
          > I didn't have to worry about not charging the
          > batteries.
          >
          > Well, of course, the batteries are not dead.
          >
          > He said that he has repaired the charger.
          >
          > I've tried to find other people in the Los Angeles
          > area to help me
          > repair the car, but haven't been very successful.
          >
          > So I am thinking of selling the car. I still owe
          > money on it from the
          > loan, but, of course, even if I get new batteries, I
          > don't see how I
          > can maintain it. I am also now on partial
          > disability.
          >
          > I am in the San Gabriel Valley (Pasadena).
          >
          > If anyone is interested, send me an email.

          > removed]

          Need a vacation? Get great deals
          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          http://travel.yahoo.com/
        • jim donovan
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 9, 2007
            The commuter lane sticker is nice, but of no use to me. My biggest hangup is accessories. Does it have airconditioning? Does it have pre-heat? Does it have battery warming pads (look inside the trunk where the AC line goes from the charging port to the charger and see if there is a black box with three fuses on it, one for preheat, one for the front battery box warmer, one for the back battery box warmer)? What condition are the tires? How bad is the rust? Are pictures available?

            I am very interested and will use the time between now and your response to check with the wife.

            Jim
            913.236.9466

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
              Doesn't have AC.
              Does pre-heat.

              Tires are in good condition.

              Rust is minimal.

              I'll try to get photos this weekend.

> [...]

              > > the second owner. Last summer,
              > > the charger blew a fuse. I got someone to look at
              > > the charger and he
              > > took it and wouldn't return it until almost half a
              > > year later. He said
              > > I didn't have to worry about not charging the
              > > batteries.
              > >
              > > Well, of course, the batteries are not dead.
              > >
              > > He said that he has repaired the charger.
              > >
              > > I've tried to find other people in the Los Angeles
              > > area to help me
              > > repair the car, but haven't been very successful.
              > >
              > > So I am thinking of selling the car. I still owe
              > > money on it from the
              > > loan, but, of course, even if I get new batteries,
              > > don't see how I
              > > can maintain it. I am also now on partial
              > > disability.
              > >
              > > I am in the San Gabriel Valley (Pasadena).
              > >
              > > If anyone is interested, send me an email.

              http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
            • jgrossm3
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
                Bought a 2013 Volt & told my wife that I would sell the Force.

                Before I place my white 1995 Force for sale on e-bay I want to offer the car for sale to the group. 156 pba system with 13 deka 8g27m gell cells. Latest pack was purchased 11/2010 and has 13,500 miles on it(first pack went 35,000 miles). The car was purchased in 2005 from the City of White Plains with 27,500 miles and the current odo reflects 76,100 miles.

                Car is equipped with air conditioning.

                Charging by a Zivan NG3 at 240v.

                Some small surface rust in one wheel well, dents and dings on passanger side came with the vehicle when I bought it. Hood paint has begun to fail.

                I will provide pictures if interested.

                The car will go up on auction with a buy it now price of $4,305.

                All reasonable offers will be considered.

                Located in Falls Church Virginia.

                Jay H Grossman
              • Larry Fisher
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
                  What is the range on a fresh pack?

                  What is the range now?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012
                    Fresh pack range is about 45 miles.

                    Current is 30+ ( a guess as my one way commute is almost exactly 20 miles each way)
                    I have driven over 20 lately but have not tested maximum range.
                    Jay H Grossman

                    My alternate e-mail is jgrossm3@...