Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Solectria Chevy E-10 wiring mess photo album

  • Philip Erro
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2007
      Hi Bill,
      Thanks for your interest in my E-10. Jeff Wilson, Jeff Simpson, and Tom Hudson have E-10s like mine. I hope they respond to my message. I think Brett Kelien also has an E-10 like mine. He wants to help, and that is promising.
      I was able to get the owner and service manuals for my '95 Solectrica E-10, but neither manual states wire sizes and lengths of wires to connect the batteries to the motor controllers, etc. I'm stuck.

      Phil

      Bill Swann <dbswann4@...> wrote:
      On the Solectria Force, the wiring, exclusive of the motor and motor
      electronics, was not hard to figure out. The manual in the file
      section was substantially awful. But between the example of the car
      and the manual, the wiring on the batteries, charger, and AH meter,
      DC/DC converter and heater is understandable. There are some
      temperature probes, and some thermal cutouts, which I do not
      understand. For the S-10, there are several manuals in the file
      section. Maybe they can help. Isn't there a group for former
      Solectria employees? Maybe they can help? I wish I had an S-10, then
      I could help.
      Bill S

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Philip Erro <philiperro@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Bill,
      > I don't know how th Force and E-10 wiring are different. I
      can tell you that my
      > E-10 has 36 batteries, 12 under the hood and 24 under the pickup
      bed. The wiring
      > has been altered, even spliced in several places.
      >
      > Phil Erro
      >
      > Bill Swann <dbswann4@...> wrote:
      > How does the E-10 wiring differ from the Force?
      > Bill S
      > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Erro" <philiperro@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Jeff Wilson, Jeff Simpson, Tom Hudson and other Solectria
      Chevy