Solectria Chevy E-10 wiring mess photo album

  • Philip Erro
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2007
      Hi Jeff Wilson, Jeff Simpson, Tom Hudson and other Solectria Chevy E-10
      owners,
      I have a 1995 Solectria Chevy E-10 that needs to be re-wired.
      Please click on photos and click on the Chevy E-10 wiring mess album.
      There are four photos of the wires under the pickup bed, two of wires
      behind the seat, and one of the wires under the hood.
      These wires have been altered. Please tell me the correct wire
      sizes and lengths to restore the wiring to the original specifications.
      I have put the 36 Hawker 42 AmpHr. batteries in the pickup as per
      the service manual, 12 under the hood and 24 under the bed.
      Thanks for your help.

      Phil Erro
      philiperro@...
      (559) 449-8125
    • Bill Swann
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2007
        How does the E-10 wiring differ from the Force?
        Bill S
        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Erro" <philiperro@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Jeff Wilson, Jeff Simpson, Tom Hudson and other Solectria Chevy
        E-10
        > owners,
        > I have a 1995 Solectria Chevy E-10 that needs to be re-wired.
        > Please click on photos and click on the Chevy E-10 wiring mess
        album.
        > There are four photos of the wires under the pickup bed, two of
        wires
        > behind the seat, and one of the wires under the hood.
        > These wires have been altered. Please tell me the correct wire
        > sizes and lengths to restore the wiring to the original
        specifications.
        > I have put the 36 Hawker 42 AmpHr. batteries in the pickup as
        per
        > the service manual, 12 under the hood and 24 under the bed.
        > Thanks for your help.
        >
        > Phil Erro
        > philiperro@...
        > (559) 449-8125

      • Philip Erro
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2007
          Hi Bill,
          I don't know how th Force and E-10 wiring are different. I can tell you that my
          E-10 has 36 batteries, 12 under the hood and 24 under the pickup bed. The wiring
          has been altered, even spliced in several places.

          Phil Erro

          wrote:

          > Hi Jeff Wilson, Jeff Simpson, Tom Hudson and other Solectria Chevy
          E-10
          > owners,
          > I have a 1995 Solectria Chevy E-10 that needs to be re-wired.
          > Please click on photos and click on the Chevy E-10 wiring mess
          album.
          > There are four photos of the wires under the pickup bed, two of
          wires
          > behind the seat, and one of the wires under the hood.
          > These wires have been altered. Please tell me the correct wire
          > sizes and lengths to restore the wiring to the original
          specifications.
          > I have put the 36 Hawker 42 AmpHr. batteries in the pickup as
          per
          > the service manual, 12 under the hood and 24 under the bed.
          > Thanks for your help.
          >
          > Phil Erro
          > philiperro@...
          > (559) 449-8125

        • Bill Swann
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2007
            On the Solectria Force, the wiring, exclusive of the motor and motor
            electronics, was not hard to figure out. The manual in the file
            section was substantially awful. But between the example of the car
            and the manual, the wiring on the batteries, charger, and AH meter,
            DC/DC converter and heater is understandable. There are some
            temperature probes, and some thermal cutouts, which I do not
            understand. For the S-10, there are several manuals in the file
            section. Maybe they can help. Isn't there a group for former
            Solectria employees? Maybe they can help? I wish I had an S-10, then
            I could help.

            wrote:

            > Hi Bill,
            > I don't know how th Force and E-10 wiring are different. I
            can tell you that my
            > E-10 has 36 batteries, 12 under the hood and 24 under the pickup
            bed. The wiring
            > has been altered, even spliced in several places.
            >
            > Phil Erro
            >
            > Bill Swann <dbswann4@...> wrote:
            > How does the E-10 wiring differ from the Force?
            > Bill S
            > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Erro" <philiperro@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Jeff Wilson, Jeff Simpson, Tom Hudson and other Solectria
            Chevy
            > E-10
            > > owners,
            > > I have a 1995 Solectria Chevy E-10 that needs to be re-wired.
            > > Please click on photos and click on the Chevy E-10 wiring mess
            > album.
            > > There are four photos of the wires under the pickup bed, two of
            > wires
            > > behind the seat, and one of the wires under the hood.
            > > These wires have been altered. Please tell me the correct wire
            > > sizes and lengths to restore the wiring to the original
            > specifications.
            > > I have put the 36 Hawker 42 AmpHr. batteries in the pickup as
            > per
            > > the service manual, 12 under the hood and 24 under the bed.
            > > Thanks for your help.
            > >
            > > Phil Erro
            > > philiperro@
            > > (559) 449-8125

          • Philip Erro
            Message 5 of 5 , May 30, 2007
              Hi Bill,
              Thanks for your interest in my E-10. Jeff Wilson, Jeff Simpson, and Tom Hudson have E-10s like mine. I hope they respond to my message. I think Brett Kelien also has an E-10 like mine. He wants to help, and that is promising.
              I was able to get the owner and service manuals for my '95 Solectrica E-10, but neither manual states wire sizes and lengths of wires to connect the batteries to the motor controllers, etc. I'm stuck.

              Phil