kilowatt rating on motor

  • Joel Meyn
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2007
      I have been asked by a co-worker (very techical person) what is the kilowatt rating of the motor. He is curious about comparison with Tesla, etc.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Bill Swann
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2007
        The nameplate is in plain view. The rating is 12 kW, which translates
        to 16 HP. Why does my medium size truck have 150 HP? 1/3 efficiency =
        50 hp at the wheels. Then of course, one can overload an electric motor
        300%. 3 x 16 hp = 48 hp.