running 2 chargers

  • Joel Meyn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2007
      Greetings All,
      I have been pondering a few ideas.
      1) Due to warnings from this group about running the 220v charger on 110v I have been avoiding opportunity charging at work and other 110v-only situations. I have been considering adding a separate 110v charger connected in parallel with the existing 220v charger.

      2) If I have two chargers is it okay to run both at once for a faster charge (bulk charge, not the finish charge)? I did this with my first EV which had a big honkin' Bycan (required 110v 30amp circuit). Because the Bycan pulled too much to run on most available circuits, I added a Russco which ran happily on 15amp house current. Running the two simultaneously allowed about 30amps going into battery pack. This was an 18 x 6volt flooded pack by the way.
      --Joel

      http://mail.yahoo.com