power steering on E-10

  • arthur marquardt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2007
      Hello:

      This is my first posting. My name is Art. I live in Wisconsin. The EV in question is a 1995 E-10.
      The power steering has been stiff of late but recently we could not get to turn out of the garage properly. The steering would only turn a few degrees so you have to go back and forth. The fliud in the reservoir looks good. The motor and belt are turning. There are no markings left on the motor label so I do not know what motor it is.

      Are the A/C motor/controller and P/S motor/controller the same and therefore interchangable for troubleshooting purposes?

      What is the RPM output of the P/S motor?

      Is there a under load output test for the controller?

      How do you ohm out the motor to see if there is an open ?

      I am wondering if the Force has a similar P/S motor?

      Any help would be appreciated.