Battery monitoring connections

  • Mary
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
      Our 1993 Solectria Geo has what looks like two female parallel
      connectors in front of the rear battery box. Also there's a numbered
      set of 12 connectors with very narrow slots (too narrow to insert
      volt meter probes) which presumably were used to monitor each
      battery's voltage. Does anyone know if these are standard equipment
      and who the manufacturer might be? I'd like to find plugs for the 12
      battery connectors and the circuit diagram for the parallel connectors.

      Thanks,

      Larry
    • gjc0@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2007
        Larry:

        I have a 1992 Solectria Force (Geo Metro). It did not come with any battery monitoring connections. I added my own.

        If you need to find a connector that fits the parallel 12 connector you described, first measure the distance between the connectors. Some common sizes are 0.100" and 0.156". That should help you search online in catalogs like DigiKey.com.

        Sincerely,
        Gary Carlson