Temperature Probes

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2006
      Does anyone have a scale chart for the temp probes in the battery box?
      Brusa's recommendation is for a battery temperature sensor inputs are:
      NTC-type sensors with a resistance
      of 33 kW at 25 °C should be used.

      NTC means negative temperature coefficient, results are the resistance
      goes down as the temperature goes down. I'm curious as to how the
      linear scale looks on the product in use.

      25 C is 77 F and a few minutes ago my car was 30 ohms rear and 40 ohms
      front. It is 52 degrees outside so it is a good indication that the
      battery heaters work or the insulation is holding charging and
      discharging heat. The rear temp currently being less than 77 and the
      front higher. The temp probe connections are real easy to access as
      the Brusa charger isn't installed and the factory was so kind as to
      put a big F and R on the connectors.

      I've checked them a few times before and they are never the same. My
      temp probe for the Zivan NG3 charger is only in the rear box and if
      and when I get new batteries I want to put it in the "hot box". Which
      is why I have been starting to check these numbers.

      All I need is the ohm reading to know which one is hotter but I would
      like to be able to put it into a temp reading. If the temperature
      difference between say 30 & 40 ohms is very slight it may not be worth
      the effort to rewire the Zivan probe and route it to the front box. On
      the other hand if it is a big difference I will want to do it.

      The Brusa NLG4xx regulates based upon the the higher temperature value
      of the two.

      Mike Rydjord
      Happy New Year to All
      97 Pba