Broken Tranny

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
      Doug,
      I'm curious.
      I thought the transmission shop had your car back in September. Did it
      break again or is this a continuation of the same tear down?
      Mike
    • Doug Jackson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
        I had the car at a shop in early October. I was gone to Europe for
        five weeks. The shop was unable to get to working on the car. A
        variety of reasons, very small shop, very busy with other projects.
        So when I returned I took the car to a regular transmission shop.
        They were reluctant to get into it because they had never worked on
        an electric car before. So after a couple of days, I brought the car
        home and pulled the motor myself. I'm glad I did it. It wasn't hard
        but took a while because I hadn't done it before. I learned a lot
        about this car and I was able to do some extra things that a shop
        would not have done. I think the real test will be after I put it
        back together again. It's not hard but there are many details. And
        there are also the adjustments that need to be made to like the speed
        control and the 'pot'. The turning of the key will tell the tail.

        Doug Jackson
        adjackson3.org

        On Dec 5, 2006, at 4:24 PM, ldr214 wrote:

        > Doug,
        > I'm curious.
        > I thought the transmission shop had your car back in September. Did it
        > break again or is this a continuation of the same tear down?
        > Mike

      • Curtis Peredina
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
          Hi Doug,

          You didnt happen to document any of this did you? I'll probably be going there as well sooner or later..

          thanks!