Re: [force_ev] Pb-acid Battery Charging

  • David Roden (Akron OH USA)
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4 8:13 AM
      On 3 Apr 2001, at 9:05, umarc@... wrote:

      > once
      > it shuts off, if the meter reads below 0, it will reset to zero in about
      > twenty minutes, leaving me scratching my head as to whether I'm at -.1 or
      > -5.

      I keep this from happening on mine. Most folks on this list probably
      have the old-design counter, not the one that's been out for a year or
      two.

      On the old ones you can inhibit the automatic reset to zero (it happens
      when something draws current from the pack) by connecting pins 5 and 6 on
      the counter's plug. I added a small, low-current relay that closes those
      pins when the ignition switch is off. That way, the counter doesn't
      reset to zero until I switch the car on again.

      David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
      1991 Solectria Force 144vac
      1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
      1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc
      1974 Honda Civic EV 96vdc
      1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
      NOTES: 1. Please do not send me virus warnings or anything else which
      suggests "forward to everyone you know." 2. I seek immediate punitive
      action against all spammers, regardless of the message.