Re: Solectria force on eBay

  • hhelava
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 8, 2006
      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Noel Adams" <evfinder@...> wrote:

      > There is a 1997 Force on eBay at the moment. It is located in the
      > Rochester, NY area
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/y4463u
      >
      > Noel

      I bought a 1995 Solectria Force (Geo Metro)on e-bay from milkman in
      July 06 and had no problems re-titling it in NY. For $350 he
      trailered it to Long Island for me. At that time he told me he would
      try to sell another Solectria he had on e-bay in the fall. I guess
      this is the one. I didn't get any service manuals and am looking for
      one.

      Heikki
    • Jay Grossman
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2006
        Provide a mailing address and I will copy the manuals that came with my 1995 Solectria. I am not the original owner but did receive several manuals from the City of White Plains when I purchased the car.
        Jay H Grossman

        > There is a 1997 Force on eBay at the moment. It is located in the
        > Rochester, NY area
        >
        > http://tinyurl. com/y4463u
        >
        > Noel

        I bought a 1995 Solectria Force (Geo Metro)on e-bay from milkman in
        July 06 and had no problems re-titling it in NY. For $350 he
        trailered it to Long Island for me. At that time he told me he would
        try to sell another Solectria he had on e-bay in the fall. I guess
        this is the one. I didn't get any service manuals and am looking for
        one.

        Heikki

      • Noel Adams
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 17, 2006
          It looks like the original auction fell through and the car is back
          on ebay

          http://tinyurl.com/y4k89u

          Noel
          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <tmerrell2@...> wrote:

          > I am only reporting information that was reported to me. I can not
          confirm
          > it.
          >
          > Another Solectria owner (he has a super rare solectria E10 hybrid)
          told me
          > the carfax on the car shows an "unusual" title history. Here is the
          > cut-n-paste of his email sent to me:
          >
          > "just thought that i would let you know that the force being sold
          on ebay
          > shows a car fax report that it had 160,011 mile when a new title
          was issued
          > in 2003 in NJ now it has 13k ???? the owner( milkman) say thats a
          mistake .
          > and that he has a clean title from NJ and has never titled the car
          in NY..
          > car fax report also show a problem with some lease. hope you would
          let the
          > force groups know this info.."
          >
          > If nothing else, if you are considering purchasing this car you
          might want
          > to ask the seller about this issue.
          >
          > By the way, I am still looking for an AC55 motor. If you know where
          I might
          > find a nice used one, please let me know.
          >
          > Terry
          > St. Louis

          11/7/2006

        • Noel Adams
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
            There is another Force on eBay at the moment. This one is either a
            1995 or a 1996, both years are used in the description. It is located
            in Shutebury, MA and needs a new charger.

            http://tinyurl.com/yykv6d

            Noel
            evfinder.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
              Thanks Noel,
              In a vin number that 10th character,last letter before the nummbers,
              is the year of manufacture for the Geo's used for Force conversion.
              S = 1995
              T = 1996
              V = 1997
              W = 1998
              X = 1999
              Y = 2000

              U wasn't used so as not to confuse it with a V

              Here is a interesting web url for more info on Vin numbers.
              http://www.kerrywilson.com/vin.htm

              Mike