New member intro

  • sioux ammerman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2006
      Hello, all -
      I've been wanting an EV since the EV-1 came out and in August I finally got
      one.
      I joined the group last week originally just to download a manual for my new
      1996 Solectria Force (purchased from person who purchased from ZAP who got
      part of the TVA fleet.) I want to know what all those black boxes under the
      hood do, and what happens when they don't.

      But now I see so much more info on details of the car, much of it over my
      head currently, here on the group. I'll search for my answers first so as to
      not repeat others' threads before asking my questions.

      Thanks from a newbie.
      Sioux

    • Will Beckett (cruzio)
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2006
        You need to pick up a 1996 manual. someone on the list should be able to
        help with that. It has all the detail you will need. The black boxes
        include a DC to DC converter, air conditioning controller, and fuse boxes.

        - Will
        Aptos, CA 95003
        (831) 688-8669
        will@...