Re: [solectria_ev] Solectria EV Purchase Query

  • theoldcars@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
      I would be concerned with rust. I also would wonder why the car would need a
      complete repaint. It must have been left outside in the sun or had damage all
      over the vehicle. A quality complete refinish of a vehicle is a lot of
      money and most do not spend it. What may look good now might not look so good in
      a few years.

      The price of the car is on the top end I hope who ever buys it gets a car
      that should go with that price.

      Don

      In a message dated 8/31/2006 5:39:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      beckettw@... writes:

      Well, it is all really supply and demand. I expect that the current owner
      was disappointed with the range if he is in cold country. A battery change
      at 8K is sooner than I would expect. Still, these are really nice cars and
      it isn't difficult to upgrade to new technology when things start improving
      and coming down in cost. $12K to $16K should be expected. With new
      batteries and low mileage, I expect it should sell at the higher end. I
      wonder if it stayed outside in the snow.

      - Will
      Aptos, CA 95003
      (831) 688-8669
      _will@..._ (mailto:will@...)

      _____

      From: _solectria_ev@solectria_evsol_ (mailto:solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com)
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 4:57 AM
        From: "Rick Covert" <wd5l@...>
        Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:56:47 -0000

        I read a post of a 1998 Solectria Force for sale. The owner's asking
        price is $16,000.00. It only has 8,667 miles on it but it has been
        repainted and it has had it's batteries changed out.

        This is top dollar, but not unreasonable if the car is really
        in perfect condition. I would be concerned about the charger,
        though. Why were the batteries changed at less than 9K miles? One
        possibility is a charger problem. Another is that it sat discharged
        for years and the seller has just changed the batteries, which is
        fine, but you do want to make sure that the batteries have been kept
        charged since they were changed.

        Ken
      • Jay Grossman