Re: Zivan NG3 charge Curve

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
      Bouty,
      If the t-3 phase is blinking, the yellow charge stage, I would guess
      they put in the same profile. Should be on the papers assuming they
      gave you a copy. If they didn't I'm sure you can get a copy. I have
      one with notes on it for 156V.

      You said -7.0AH end. Is that what you were reading on Vehicle Amp
      meter? Without a float to hold the reading I don't usually catch the
      end overcharge reading but my old profile and this one don't
      overcharge that much. From a 25-35 AH useage I see a overcharge in the
      area of 3-4. This new pulse profile doesn't raise the voltage as much.
      I would see voltage numbers that I didn't like with the constant
      current profile. It always does a long minimum time even for a battery
      with a high SOC.

      I have both on and off grid solar system......did you make/buy a
      charge controller for the car or is it running "wild". I've not seen a
      144v controller in my reading.

      Mike
      97 Pba

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "d. Bouton Baldridge"
      <cfrkeepr@...> wrote:

      > Mike,
      > I just had my NG3 reprogramed, and I have noticed the pulsing on
      several occasions. One thing that seems to be different is that the
      usual -7.0 AH end reading is not the case now. I can't say whether or
      not it kicks back in @ 12.95 in my case 155.4 v, but since my old
      scheme didn't have a float phase, I hope it does. One thing that I do
      that I am not sure about, is I have the charger on a timer to begin at
      midnight and end in mid morning. During the day I have a solar panel
      to do some charging. The system seems to work, that is if I can get my
      wife to park it in the sun.
      > Bouty

    • d. Bouton Baldridge
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
        According to the papers, it is a modified Y5.
        Actually the original panel was OEM. I think I am the only Force owner with this arrangement. It had a max power solar tracker for the original panel, but when I replaced the panel (50 watts) the tracker couldn't handle it, so I got a bigger one (6 amps) then that panel blew off so I got a 123 watt. This gets me about 2 free miles a day, but more importantly it is charging during nonuse times,
        '91-92' models were 144v with the Solecria label, I think Brusa made them for Solectria.
        Bouty