Re: [solectria_ev] Zivan NG3 charge Curve

  • d. Bouton Baldridge
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
      Mike,
      I just had my NG3 reprogramed, and I have noticed the pulsing on several occasions. One thing that seems to be different is that the usual -7.0 AH end reading is not the case now. I can't say whether or not it kicks back in @ 12.95 in my case 155.4 v, but since my old scheme didn't have a float phase, I hope it does. One thing that I do that I am not sure about, is I have the charger on a timer to begin at midnight and end in mid morning. During the day I have a solar panel to do some charging. The system seems to work, that is if I can get my wife to park it in the sun.
      Bouty

      ldr214 <replytome@...> wrote:
      On the 15th I had a new charge profile put in my NG3 charger. It is a
      new one that they developed since my charger was made a year ago.
      Profile TR7Gr.04

      Anyone have it in their Zivan NG3? I haven't used it long enough to
      detect any difference in SOC.

      I was told they developed it to stop gassing on the agm's and
      recommend it for all VRLA. It has a pulsing 3rd stage that is even
      longer (slower) than the GR profile. 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off
      constant current until time runs out. I see a voltage rise and fall of
      about 5 volts. Finish current is adjustable, and currently set at 2.1
      amps.

      The charger will also come back on if the battery voltage drops to
      12.95*X or 168.35 in the case of the 97 156V Force pack. My Zivan 156V
      GR curve doesn't have a float phase.

      Mike
      97 Pba

      Wish they could improve the power factor on these things.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
        Bouty,
        If the t-3 phase is blinking, the yellow charge stage, I would guess
        they put in the same profile. Should be on the papers assuming they
        gave you a copy. If they didn't I'm sure you can get a copy. I have
        one with notes on it for 156V.

        You said -7.0AH end. Is that what you were reading on Vehicle Amp
        meter? Without a float to hold the reading I don't usually catch the
        end overcharge reading but my old profile and this one don't
        overcharge that much. From a 25-35 AH useage I see a overcharge in the
        area of 3-4. This new pulse profile doesn't raise the voltage as much.
        I would see voltage numbers that I didn't like with the constant
        current profile. It always does a long minimum time even for a battery
        with a high SOC.

        I have both on and off grid solar system......did you make/buy a
        charge controller for the car or is it running "wild". I've not seen a
        144v controller in my reading.

        Mike
        97 Pba

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "d. Bouton Baldridge"
        <cfrkeepr@...> wrote:

        > Mike,
        > I just had my NG3 reprogramed, and I have noticed the pulsing on
        several occasions. One thing that seems to be different is that the
        usual -7.0 AH end reading is not the case now. I can't say whether or
        not it kicks back in @ 12.95 in my case 155.4 v, but since my old
        scheme didn't have a float phase, I hope it does. One thing that I do
        that I am not sure about, is I have the charger on a timer to begin at
        midnight and end in mid morning. During the day I have a solar panel
        to do some charging. The system seems to work, that is if I can get my
        wife to park it in the sun.
        > Bouty

      • d. Bouton Baldridge
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
          According to the papers, it is a modified Y5.
          Actually the original panel was OEM. I think I am the only Force owner with this arrangement. It had a max power solar tracker for the original panel, but when I replaced the panel (50 watts) the tracker couldn't handle it, so I got a bigger one (6 amps) then that panel blew off so I got a 123 watt. This gets me about 2 free miles a day, but more importantly it is charging during nonuse times,
          '91-92' models were 144v with the Solecria label, I think Brusa made them for Solectria.
          Bouty