The information collected below will be summarized and presented to the
California Air Resources Board (CARB) in
Sacramento in September 2006, at their Technical Review. The information
will help Plug In America in its effort
to convince CARB to reinstate a Zero Emissions Vehicle Mandate. Thank you
for your time and input, and we welcome
any questions. Please send all completed surveys to both Jake Baker at
and Ron Freund at
, in addition to any questions.
Privacy Notice: No individual data will be released to any third party, and
only aggregate data will be used in
the presentation to CARB in September. For more information, see the
Statement of Privacy at the end of the survey.
Any owners with multiple production EVs, should fill out a survey form for
each (just attach the two in your reply e-mail). For those respondents more
comfortable using a downloaded version of the survey, the inline document
has been provided.
Instructions: Place an ???x??? between the correct brackets, or write your
answer following the appropriate question. For any additional comments, use
the provided space at the end of the survey. We are looking to have the
surveys returned within ONE week, in order to maximize the time we have to
interpret the data. Please take a few minutes to complete it now in order to
Thank you so much for your help in this very important element of the fight
to bring Electric Vehicles back to our streets.
- Name (will not be used in any published info without your express
- City, State
- e-mail address (will be used only to contact for additional clarifying
- Model Year
- VIN (just the last 4 digits)
- Date Purchased
- Did you at one time, or do you currently, lease it?
- - If so, are you interested in purchasing the vehicle at the end of
- - - If not would you be willing to work with another buyer to purchase
at the end of lease?
- Purchased New? Yes [ ] No [ ]
- - Name of Dealer?
- Purchased Used? Yes [ ] No [ ]
For those who purchased vehicles used:
- - What was the purchase price?
- - Purchased from a Dealer or Private Party?
- - Mileage at time of purchase
- Current Odometer Mileage
- Approx. Annual Mileage
- Primary use (Primary Vehicle, Commuter Vehicle, etc.)
- Do you also own a Gasoline or Diesel Vehicle? Yes [ ] No [ ]
- - Approx. percentage of annual driving done in the RAV4-EV?
- Power source for home charging? [ ]
- - Standard Grid (name provider) [ ]
- - Green Certificates (name provider) [ ]
- - Solar [ ]
- - Wind [ ]
- - Other (describe) [ ]
- What is your approximate observed range from a full charge?
- Have you seen any degradation of range? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- Frequency of long trips (over 100 miles)?
- Approx how often do you use public charging stations
- - Never [ ]
- - Daily [ ]
- - A few times per year [ ]
- - Once per month [ ]
- - Once per week [ ]
- - More than once per week [ ]
- What is your longest trip taken with the car? (Miles Round Trip)
- - Did you charge en route? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- - Did you charge at your destination? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- - - Did you bring a portablized SPI charger? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- - - Did you use public infrastructure? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- - - - (Dedicated EV charging sites)? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- - - - (RV/campground)? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- Have you had a breakdown requiring a tow? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- - Frequency: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ] 5 More[ ]
- Please check problems encountered:
- - Diagnosed Traction battery failure (of any sort) [ ]
- - Charge Port Failure [ ]
- - Heat Pump Failure [ ]
- - Auxiliary battery failure [ ]
- - Windshield/glass repair [ ]
- - Brakes (including squeaking) [ ]
- - Flat tires [ ]
- - Crash or impact [ ]
- - Other (describe) [ ]
- Have you had any problems getting service at Toyota? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- Have you had any problems getting parts from Toyota? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- Have you had any problems with your charger at home? Yes[ ] No[ ]
- - If so, please provide brief details on resolution.
- Do you employ any 'strategy' to prolong traction battery pack life?
Yes[ ] No[ ]
- - If so, please briefly describe.
- Have you installed RAV4Info in your vehicle?
- - What is your average measured energy use per mile?
(located on the second screen, let it run for an entire trip...)
- Other Comments:
Thank you for completing the survey. Your help is greatly
appreciated. For more information about how you can help bring
more Plug-In Hybrids and Electric Vehicles back to the road,
please visit http://www.PlugInAmerica.com
Statement of Privacy:
The information contained in this survey is confidential and/or
legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the
intended data collection for presentation in the aggregate to
the California Air Resources Board. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this survey,
or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited, nor will any
information contained herein be distributed to third parties by
the creator of the survey. If you have received this survey in error,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]