Service manual?

  • Nick Austin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hello,

      Does anybody here know if it is possible to get a service manual for a 1997
      PbA Solectria force? Does such a thing even exist?

      I'm getting ready to replace the batteries, and a service manual would
      seem helpful for this.

      Thanks!

    • Gordon Stallings
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
        Nick,

        I'm a great believer in having good documentation.

        I have the following manuals that I can copy for you if you wish:

        * Service Manual 1995/1996 Solectria Force
        * Troubleshooting Guide 1997 Solectria Force
        * Service Manual (First Edition) 1998 Solectria Force

        The service manuals are very detailed when describing maintenance
        tasks. I recommend them highly. There is also step-by-step
        directions for conditioning a new battery pack.

        From my perspective, the weak points of the manuals involve lack of
        detailed design information. For instance, the wiring and
        connections are shown in a practical way, but there are almost no
        schematics. So I still don't know what's inside the little boxes, I
        don't know whether my car has battery heaters, and I have no
        information about the BC3KW charger.

        Contact me directly if you'd like me to copy a manual for you.

        --Gordon Stallings--
        <genki@...>