Re: Electric/diesel heater

  • Nick Carter
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2005
      Does anyone know how the electric/diesel heaters
      were integrated with the original heating system
      on the Force? Specifically on the 1999 NiCd cars.
      I've seen the diesel unit under the car and
      I assume that both it and the electric heater are
      heating the same fluid that circulates in the
      original heater core - is that correct?
      If there was an electric ceramic element, like we
      had in the Th!nk City, I figure things would heat
      up more quickly...
      Anyway, if this is correct, my mechanic wanted to
      check whether there were any other issues before
      removing the diesel heater and its associated plumbing?
      Thanks!

      We had the brake booster replaced today, as the
      vacuum pump was sticking on - apparently this was
      probably due to the car sitting unused for months
      and the seal going bad. I'll try to get info from
      the mechanic as to the procedure and then share on
      my website. He said it was a ~3 hour job.
      Nick
      Dr Nick Carter,
      Owner, npc Imaging, 2228 Magowan Drive, Santa Rosa, CA 95405 USA
      nick@... www.npcimaging.com Tel/fax: +1 (707) 573 9361
      President, North Bay Electric Auto Association
      Solectria EV owner. "Spare the air every day - drive electric!"

      ** New digital Bach edition (18,000+ pages) & digital Grove! **
      ** CoachMe - Complete Opera/Soloist Roles on audio CD **
      ** 61 CD sheet music titles: thousands of pages from $14.20! **
      ** Ted Ross and Stiller Handbook on CD-ROM **
      ** Books by Powell, Stone, etc., Dover scores in stock **
    • Stephen Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2005
        I don't know how the NiCD car's heating system works so I can't comment here other than I think the electric heat works better or quicker on my two cars without the diesel heater than the one with it. I could be imagining it.

        The brake booster pump problem appears to be a fairly frequent problem and if I remember correctly the cause is dirt building up around the pressure sensor. I think some people have had luck just thumping on the sensor a little to dislodge the blockage.

        Stephen Taylor

        Nick Carter <nick@...> wrote:
[...]

        Automotive car part Automotive fuel cell Automotive fuel tank Automotive car cover Electric car Alternative fuels