RE: [force_ev] trunk space

  • BECKETT,WILL (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      I made a small, but very helpful improvement to my trunk that I wanted to
      pass on. Maybe others have done this as well. My first car was a 220S,
      1958 Mercedes Benz. The car had space for two spare tires but came with
      only one spare in the US. The depression for the second spare tire was
      covered with a board and covered with a rubber mat. I use to store things
      like tools and flares in this space and sometimes even valuables, since they
      were then hidden from view.

      I have done two battery changes on my mother's Force and taken out the foam
      blocks from the sides of the battery boxes and always thought that this was
      very inefficient. Anyway, when I got my car I removed the foam blocks and
      cut out some 1/8 inch plywood, then screwed on some metal standoffs (about 4
      inches long) on the outside edge and a metal flange that goes over the
      battery box on the inside. Now I have a storage area for my extension cord
      and small odds and ends and when you put the carpet over it, you don't even
      know it is there, plus you get the even bottom trunk Solectria designed into
      the car.

      Anyway, I thought I would pass this along for anyone that might be
      interested. If you would like a drawing with dimensions, I will be happy to
      send this along.

      -Will

      Will Beckett
      contact information link
      https://ecardfile.com/id/will_beckett

      Link to ClienteleNet to log IT support requests
      http://legal-pcdocs.corp.hp.com/clientelenet/

      1999 Solectria Force, 156v
      e-scooter (homemade) 24v
      e-rototiller (homemade) 220vac, 1 1/2 hp
      EAA, Silicon Valley http://eaasv.org
      Barron Park http://www.cyberstars.com/bpa
      PTA http://www.ala-laary.com/core.htm
      WestBay Opera http://www.wbopera.org