EVLN(ROAD RAGE HITS GREEN VEHICLES)

  • brucedp@iname.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
      EVLN(ROAD RAGE HITS GREEN VEHICLES)
      [The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV informational
      purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
      --- {EVangel}
      ROAD RAGE HITS GREEN VEHICLES 12/20/2000 Hart's European Fuels News
      (c) 2000 Phillips Business Information, Inc.

      According to a report from the USA, drivers of alternative fuel
      vehicles are becoming targets of angry taxpayers' road rage.

      Made obvious by their distinctive blue licence plates, the drivers are
      reported to be getting a large number of rude gestures and are being
      targeted by aggressive driving. According to one owner of an electric
      car, he has noticed more drivers cutting him up on the road and giving
      him rude gestures. He says "I haven't got a dime out of the state for
      buying this car (a Solectria that he bought for his wife), it cost me
      twice the price of a conventional car and now my neighbours are mad at
      me - and they don't even know what made me buy it!" Apparently the
      change in attitude to these "green" cars has happened since the
      beginning of September when the alternative fuels programme's costs
      were made public.
      http://www.phillips.com/ jmyers@...
      Petroleum Finance Week, Phillips Business Information
      Octane Week
      ---
      _______________{Statements may not be my Employer's} Sunnyvale,CA,USA
      ____ The Internet Electric Vehicle List News Editor
      /__|o\__ http://members.aol.com/brucedp/
      '@----- @'---(= Get Amp'd 'Electric cruis'n the Santa Clara Valley'
      San Jose EAA EVents officer brucedp@...

      Get free personalized email at http://iaf.iname.com
    • billglic@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
        What are the alternative fuels programme's costs that were made public ?
        Menlo Park II,
        Bill
      • Peter Belden
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
          I'm a bit surprized to here about this EV directed
          road rage. I've had only positive reactions. Has any
          one else heard of these negative reactions?

          -Peter

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • Tom Hudson
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
            > ROAD RAGE HITS GREEN VEHICLES 12/20/2000 Hart's European Fuels News
            > (c) 2000 Phillips Business Information, Inc.
            >
            > According to a report from the USA, drivers of alternative fuel
            > vehicles are becoming targets of angry taxpayers' road rage.

            Hmm, I wonder who the Solectria owner who was quoted is. Anybody know?

            -Tom

            Thomas Hudson
            http://asterius.com/solectria/ho -- Our Electric Vehicles
            http://asterius.com/solectria/ho/pvs.htm -- Solar Power