Finding a Solectria Force

  • Lisa Krueger
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      I'm new to this message list and so appreciate all of your wonderful input
      and information. It's very informative. I'm looking to buy a Solectria Force
      and didn't know if anyone knew of one for sale....I've looked at the normal
      places online and am waiting to hear about one possibly, but just thought
      I'd ask. I hope that isn't inappropriate to do that here.

      Thanks so much for all of your help and I look forward to learning more from
      each of you!

      Lisa Krueger

    • Tom Hudson
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
        Welcome to the list, Lisa. The two best bets I can think of are to
        check eBay (just search for "Solectria") or the EV Tradin' Post
        (http://www.austinev.org/evtradinpost/). I know that a Solectria E-10
        pickup just showed up on eBay in the last day or so, but I don't think
        there are any Forces there at present.

        I'll also check with an acquaintance in Milwaukee who had a couple of
        Forces the last time I spoke to him.

        -Tom

        --
        Thomas Hudson
        http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
          Thanks so much Tom! I've looked in both places and haven't seen anything
          yet. I'd love to hear what your friend had to say!

          Lisa

          _____

          --
          Thomas Hudson
          http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          " on the web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          _____

        • Adam Kuehn
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
            I don't have much to add to Tom's source recommendations. Those are
            pretty much the best ways of checking. I've been looking in sort of
            a "casual interest" way (there's no way we can afford it at the
            moment) and can tell you that Forces are loved by their owners and
            just don't come up for sale that often. I'd say you can find maybe
            two or three put on the market per year, on average. So be patient.
            If current owners are any indication, it will be worth the wait.

            -Adam

          • Butch P
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
              Lisa,
              What area do you live in? How did you hear about the
              Solectria Force?
              Butch
              http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/636.html

              --- Lisa Krueger <lktaku@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > I'm new to this message list and so appreciate all
              > of your wonderful input
              > and information. It's very informative. I'm looking
              > to buy a Solectria Force
              > and didn't know if anyone knew of one for
              > sale....I've looked at the normal
              > places online and am waiting to hear about one
              > possibly, but just thought
              > I'd ask. I hope that isn't inappropriate to do that
              > here.
              >
              > Thanks so much for all of your help and I look
              > forward to learning more from
              > each of you!
              >
              > Lisa Krueger

              > removed]

              > --------------------~-->
              > Yahoo! your home page

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/FGYolB/TM

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Noel Adams
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
                There is one advertised on my web site (evfinder.com) a 1993 Solectria Force
                Hatchback. The listing is about nine months old but it might still be
                available. Contact olaf at bleck@...

                Noel
                evfinder.com

                >From: Tom Hudson <tomhudson@...>
                >To: force_ev@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [force_ev] Finding a Solectria Force
                >Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:25:27 -0500
                >
                >Welcome to the list, Lisa. The two best bets I can think of are to
                >check eBay (just search for "Solectria") or the EV Tradin' Post
                >(http://www.austinev.org/evtradinpost/). I know that a Solectria E-10
                >pickup just showed up on eBay in the last day or so, but I don't think
                >there are any Forces there at present.
                >
                >I'll also check with an acquaintance in Milwaukee who had a couple of
                >Forces the last time I spoke to him.
                >
                >-Tom
                >
                >Lisa Krueger wrote:
                >
                > >Hi everyone,
                > >
                > >I'm new to this message list and so appreciate all of your wonderful
                >input
                > >and information. It's very informative. I'm looking to buy a Solectria
                >Force
                > >and didn't know if anyone knew of one for sale....I've looked at the
                >normal
                > >places online and am waiting to hear about one possibly, but just thought
                > >I'd ask. I hope that isn't inappropriate to do that here.
                > >
                > >Thanks so much for all of your help and I look forward to learning more
                >from
                > >each of you!
                > >
                > >Lisa Krueger

                > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                >--
                >Thomas Hudson
                >http://portdistrict5.org -- 5th District Aldermanic Website
                >http://portev.org -- Electric Vehicles, Solar Power & More
                >http://portgardenclub.org -- Port Washington Garden Club
                >http://portlightstation.org -- Light Station Restoration
                >http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

              • Ed Garcia
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
                  I might be putting mine up for sale soon. It was for my wife but she has not really warmed up to it. It is one of the last ones manufactured, a 2001 (In fact, Solectria did not even think there were any 2001 models until they looked up mine). It has a little over 1000 miles on it with about 500 miles on the current set of batteries. Some of you on the list might recall this Solectria that was sold on eBay in January when it was in pieces. The former owner was a fuel cell company who removed the interior and many other components. It is located in Santa Clara, CA.

                  Ed Garcia

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
                    Hi Ed, I'd love to see pics of it - does it have the interior back together now?

                    And Noel, I went ahead and sent an email to Olaf - thank you.

                    Also, I found something on zapworld.com - a 1996 Solectria Force. I talked with the guys there and it's a little hard to get info/specs on it as I'm not there and won't be able to see it in person before I buy probably. It apparently doesn't have AC, but I'm thinking that's probably better for the range, right? Was '96 an okay year - I'm assuming there weren't any bad ones :)

                    Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions!

                    Lisa

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
                      If Olaf still has one, he'd be a good guy to get it from -- He used to
                      work at Solectria and would have it in good condition, I would think.

                      A '96 should be fine. Mine's a '97 -- I believe the thing was
                      essentially identical (Anybody know when they switched from the belt
                      drive to the direct-drive gearbox?)

                      -Tom

                      --
                      Thomas Hudson
                      http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects
                    • rod864
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
                        --- In force_ev@yahoogroups.com, lktaku@e... wrote:

                        > Also, I found something on zapworld.com ...

                        Be careful, I've heard some unsettling things about those guys and the
                        way they do business.
                      • Noel P. Luneau
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 3, 2005
                          Hey Ed,

                          I'm just around the Bay from you in Castro Valley.

                          Your Force would go well with my NiMH batteries and Solar PV system.
                          Also it would make my wife happy as she is not a stick person.

                          What shape is the car in now and how much might you be looking for it.

                          Thanks,

                          Noel
                          510-858-4699

                          ________________________________

                          Noel Adams <evfinder@...> wrote:
                          There is one advertised on my web site (evfinder.com) a 1993
                          Solectria Force
                          Hatchback. The listing is about nine months old but it might
                          still be
                          available. Contact olaf at bleck@...

                          Noel
                          evfinder.com

                          >From: Tom Hudson <tomhudson@...>
                          >To: force_ev@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [force_ev] Finding a Solectria Force
                          >Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:25:27 -0500
                          >
                          >Welcome to the list, Lisa. The two best bets I can think of
                          are to
                          >check eBay (just search for "Solectria") or the EV Tradin' Post
                          >(http://www.austinev.org/evtradinpost/). I know that a
                          Solectria E-10
                          >pickup just showed up on eBay in the last day or so, but I
                          don't think
                          >there are any Forces there at present.
                          >
                          >I'll also check with an acquaintance in Milwaukee who had a
                          couple of
                          >Forces the last time I spoke to him.
                          >
                          >-Tom
                          >
                          >Lisa Krueger wrote:
                          >
                          > >Hi everyone,
                          > >
                          > >I'm new to this message list and so appreciate all of your
                          wonderful
                          >input
                          > >and information. It's very informative. I'm looking to buy a
                          Solectria
                          >Force
                          > >and didn't know if anyone knew of one for sale....I've looked
                          at the
                          >normal
                          > >places online and am waiting to hear about one possibly, but
                          just thought
                          > >I'd ask. I hope that isn't inappropriate to do that here.
                          > >
                          > >Thanks so much for all of your help and I look forward to
                          learning more
                          >from
                          > >each of you!
                          > >
                          > >Lisa Krueger

                          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                          >--
                          >Thomas Hudson
                          >http://portdistrict5.org -- 5th District Aldermanic Website
                          >http://portev.org -- Electric Vehicles, Solar Power & More
                          >http://portgardenclub.org -- Port Washington Garden Club
                          >http://portlightstation.org -- Light Station Restoration
                          >http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

                          Service.

                          Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                          This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any distribution or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.