Re: [force_ev] Re: Dead charger troubleshooting

  • Tom Hudson
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2005
      Well, from my point of view, if you hook up the NLGMON software to the
      charger and it is actually sending out data to the program, that means
      the logic board and microprocessor are functioning. That's half the
      battle. Troubleshooting and repair are a lot simpler when you can break
      down the problem into smaller pieces. I have found a US distributor
      that sells the special capacitors used in the power section of the NLG4,
      which is also good. I'm going to try to repair my NLG4, which had half
      the power section die. If I can get that back up and running, I'd
      consider that a huge "win".

      Honestly, I'm tempted to buy all the non-functional NLG4's I can get my
      hands on and see about doing something to get them working again, or at
      least scavenge any working parts out of them. It's a great charger and
      I'm always wanting to have spares on hand to keep my vehicles running!

      -Tom

      --
      Thomas Hudson
      http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        Tom,
        I agree with everything you are saying. It has just been a matter of
        time and priorities. Could you post your current sources under a new
        post, Brusa Parts? It might be useful down the road.
        Mike
        97 Force