New Guy

  • Ray Darby
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2005
      Hello to fellow Force owners! I'm the "new guy" in the group and I have a request as well as an offer to anyone interested.

      In terms of my request, I need the interface cable to link the diagnostic program from Brusa on my laptop to the controller in my car. I contacted Brusa quite a while ago about ordering the cable, and again recently, but have heard nothing. In the meantime, I downloaded the schematic and my electronics pals responded with "say what? what language is this in, anyway?" Does anyone have a schematic translated into english and (hopefully) easier to read than the one on their website as well?

      In terms of my offer, I've had experience in replacing the fuses in my charger and, since it turns out to be no simple task, would be happy to walk anyone through that process. I've also dealt with the speed sensor adjustment process - since the directions from Solectria (now Azure Dynamics) aren't super-clear, let me know if I can help.

      I've also been driving electric since 1997 and would enjoy any general or specific banter with the group on the subject of driving electric. To see my past and current EV's (and wow - what I've learned!) go here -
      http://www.theenergyguy.com/AboutTEGsCar.html

      Lastly, I'm honored to have been included into such a special group! Looking forward to speaking with you in the future,

      - Ray Darby
    • d. Bouton Baldridge
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2005
        Welcome to the club Ray, I too a a Ranger EV orphan, waiting n the list. I also have gone to Solectria with a '91' Force for about a year. One big advantage of these early tech machines is the lack of overly sophisticated idiot lights telling you only one thing, " take it back to the repair place" My little Force does not have the power or the range, but it suits the "in town" stuff just fine.I don't know if I can afford the $6000 price but I'll decide that when and if I get picked.
        Bouty

        Ray Darby <raydarby@...> wrote:
[...]

        Electric vehicle Energy Computer science Energy efficient Science education Energy bar

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2005
          Ray Darby:

          I built a converter to go from the Brusa AM320 RS-422 (DBM-15) to an RS-232
          (DBF-9) on my laptop. Is that what you need?

          Send me your email address and I can get it to you possibly tonight.

          Sincerely,
          Gary Carlson
          gjc0 (at AOL dot com) (You will need to change to @ and . for my email)
          1992 Solectria Force