KPIX 5 News TONIGHT! Electric Vehicle, Solar Power

  • Mike Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2000
      KPIX Channel 5 5-6pm, 6:30-7pm
      San Jose, CA Bay area

      If you're not interested in TV coverage of EVs / renewable power, please
      delete now. I apologize for the inconvenience. I sent this to a broad list
      since many of us work hard to get favorable EV / renewable energy coverage
      and this will likely be good coverage. It focuses more on the power
      reliability / renewable power with the EV in the background.

      I may be on KPIX 5 News in the San Jose, CA bay area tonight with the GM
      NiMH EV1 and the Solar Electric (PV) Array that provides 90% of the
      electricity for the house, christmas lights and Electric Vehicle.

      I spotted a KPIX camera van covering the Stage 2 and Stage 3 power
      emergencies we've been having after a meeting I had about using Natural
      Gas instead of toxic, carcinogenic Diesel buses in Santa Clara county.
      They were in front of the PG&E building so I parked the EV in front and
      asked them what they were covering. Since they were covering the power
      emergencies and possible blackouts they were intrigued by my Solar
      Electric Array and they followed me home where they shot the Solar Array,
      me happily turning on my Christmas lights since I had generated power and
      turned off other bigger loads. Then we did an interview.

      It wasn't part of the original story but the reporter was very interested
      and he's working on an angle to incorporate into his coverage of the power
      emergencies we've been for most of the week. It will very likely air in at
      least one of the newscasts. It might not get into both.

      Later, "A rainbow is only part of a circle." San Joser, CA
      ^ ^ Expert software development: http://www.migration.com/
      O o Permanent: m.t.thompson@...
      ===-o-=== My catbox: http://www.madkatz.com/
      Ack! Phththpph! Electric Vehicles: http://members.aol.com/sjeaa/

      Sometimes I see gas cars... In my rearview mirror! http://www.gmev.com/
      President, Electric Auto Association, San Jose Chapter
      EV List Archive Owner,Administrator http://www.crest.org/ev-list-archive/
      Electric Vehicle Email List Instructions: (EVList members: Bookmark it!)
      http://www.madkatz.com/ev/evlist.html