Re: [force_ev] Pot part number

  • gjc0@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
      On my 1992 Solectria I was able to read the part number off the pot and order a replacement from Digi-Key.

      The manufacturer in my case was Bourns.
      try 1-800-DIGI KEY or www.digikey.com

      Good Luck,
      Gary Carlson

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
        My POT was Clarostat 1934 5K Type J. I could not find
        a Digikey part number for that model.

        -Anil

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • gjc0@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
          Greetings:

          If you cannot find a direct replacement for the Clarostat at Digi-Key, try talking
          to your local distributors on the phone. They may have a cross reference or something.
          Digi-Key also has a tech line you might try. You might offer to send them a digital picture of it.

          If that does not work, put together a generic description such as:

          Resistance: 5K?
          shaft diameter: 1/4"?
          Hole diameter: 1/2"?
          turns: 3/4 turn?
          Taper: Linear or audio

          In any case, go for the heaviest duty, longest service life pot you can find.

          God Luck,
          Gary Carlson