Pot part number

  • Anil Paryani
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2005
      Does any one know where I can order the potentiometer
      in the POT box?

      I tried replacing the POT with several alternatives as
      I could not locate the exact part. Nothing I could
      find gives full regeneration and full power.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • gjc0@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
        On my 1992 Solectria I was able to read the part number off the pot and order a replacement from Digi-Key.

        The manufacturer in my case was Bourns.
        try 1-800-DIGI KEY or www.digikey.com

        Good Luck,
        Gary Carlson

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
          My POT was Clarostat 1934 5K Type J. I could not find
          a Digikey part number for that model.

          -Anil

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • gjc0@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
            Greetings:

            If you cannot find a direct replacement for the Clarostat at Digi-Key, try talking
            to your local distributors on the phone. They may have a cross reference or something.
            Digi-Key also has a tech line you might try. You might offer to send them a digital picture of it.

            If that does not work, put together a generic description such as:

            Resistance: 5K?
            shaft diameter: 1/4"?
            Hole diameter: 1/2"?
            turns: 3/4 turn?
            Taper: Linear or audio

            In any case, go for the heaviest duty, longest service life pot you can find.

            God Luck,
            Gary Carlson