Bad Geo CV joints

  • Fred Fischer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7 3:16 PM
      My Force had a slight knocking sound last week. It seemed to go away after
      a 25 mile freeway trip yesterday, but I took it to a good repair shop today just
      to check. Diagnosis: bad right front CV joint. The shop says GM no longer
      sells single Geo CV joints, they must buy the whole front axle ($900.)
      Problem is, the right front axle seems to be lengthened, probably by
      Solectria. This sounds like even more money to duplicate. Is there a simple,
      reasonable cost solution?

      What is the best way to contact Solectria these days?
    • dufus2020
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8 10:42 AM
        --- In force_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Fischer" <lfcadio@a...> wrote:
        > My Force had a slight knocking sound last week. It seemed to go
        away after
        > a 25 mile freeway trip yesterday, but I took it to a good repair
        shop today just
        > to check. Diagnosis: bad right front CV joint. The shop says GM no
        longer
        > sells single Geo CV joints, they must buy the whole front axle
        ($900.)
        > Problem is, the right front axle seems to be lengthened, probably
        by
        > Solectria. This sounds like even more money to duplicate. Is there
        a simple,
        > reasonable cost solution?
        >
        > What is the best way to contact Solectria these days?

        Try O'Reilly Auto Parts. They advertise a complete CV assembly for
        $60 - $80.