Re: Repair problem

  • dufus2020
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2005
      --- In force_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Leonard Tramiel" <leonard@t...> wrote:
      > After lots of back and forth the folk at Solectria are pretty sure
      that the
      > relay in my controller is intermittently bad. This causes the car
      to "die",
      > as if the selector were set to neutral, at random. This makes driving
      quite
      > unpleasant.
      >
      > Unfortunately they are so backed up on repairs they won't even give
      me an
      > RMA.
      >
      > Anyone know of an alternate place to get a Solectria Motor Controller
      > repaired?
      >
      > -Leonard

      If you are willing to troubleshoot, unplug the anderson battery
      connector, open up the controller cover, and check the relay electrical
      connections. Remove and reattach the battery and control connections.
      If the relay has an open frame (probably not), clean the relay
      contacts. No guarantees this will work, but check the obvious before
      sending it off for repair.