iBook vs EV

  • Phillips R&D Analytical LIMS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2000
      We're enjoying our new iBook immensely, especially being able to wirelessly
      share the drives of the other (much older) Macs in the house. But we have
      found that it is rather like our electric car:

      Everybody remarks about how cool it is, but when it comes to getting one
      for themselves, they go for the crusty old technology instead (PC or
      smogmobile).

      The Solectria Force is ideal for this town whose radius is only 5 miles or
      so. I've never run the batteries down to where it gets sluggish, and I've
      got a "full tank" every morning for errands all over town.

      In the same way, the iBook can "do it all" easier and better than the PC.
      But everybody would rather put up with the clunky Windows environment in
      order to be like all the grey-flannel others.

      There's a lesson here, but I'm not sure I want to know it!

      Gordon Stallings
      1999 Solectria Force