Re: [force_ev] Force Problems

  • Stephen Taylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2005
      I think you will need a long RS232 cord and run it back thru a window of the car so the lap top can sit on the front seat. With the Sunrise I have they actually installed a port on the console, but I'm assuming you don't have that.

      Leonard Tramiel <leonard@...> wrote:
      I'm still having problems with my Force just cutting out while driving.

      I got some information from Solectria on how to connect a computer to the
      controller but the error status is real-time. It seems that means I'd need
      to have the computer attached, go for a ride and wait for the car to die.
      Then interrogate the controller and hope that it still knows what went
      wrong.

      Anybody have an idea how I can keep a laptop attached while driving?

      -Leonard

    • Tom Hudson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27, 2005
        Leonard, do you have an RS-422 converter so your laptop can talk to the
        controller? (this is assuming you have an AMC325 controller...)

        -Tom

        --
        Thomas Hudson
        http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
          Solectria tells me I have a UMOC425.

          The docs say RS 232.

          -Leonard

          > Leonard, do you have an RS-422 converter so your laptop can talk to the
          > controller? (this is assuming you have an AMC325 controller...)
          >
          > -Tom
          >
          > Leonard Tramiel wrote:
          >
          >>I'm still having problems with my Force just cutting out while driving.
          >>
          >>I got some information from Solectria on how to connect a computer to the
          >>controller but the error status is real-time. It seems that means I'd need
          >>to have the computer attached, go for a ride and wait for the car to die.
          >>Then interrogate the controller and hope that it still knows what went
          >>wrong.
          >>
          >>Anybody have an idea how I can keep a laptop attached while driving?
          >>
          >>-Leonard

        • Tom Hudson
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
            Ah! OK, that's great. The Brusa-built (AMC series) controllers used a
            different interface.

            Good luck!

            -Tom