Re: [force_ev] How not to replace a Force heater

  • gjc0@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2005
      Mike:

      Thanks for the tip. Where does one buy the replacement
      ceramic heater?

      Mine still works, but it is always nice to know where to
      buy parts if the day comes.

      Gary Carlson

    • Mike Chancey
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2005
        Gary Carlson wrote:
        >Mike:
        >
        >Thanks for the tip. Where does one buy the replacement
        >ceramic heater?
        >
        >Mine still works, but it is always nice to know where to
        >buy parts if the day comes.
        >
        >Gary Carlson

        Wow, slow response here. I actually lucked out on the heater. When I
        converted my Civic I just used two elements from inexpensive cube
        heaters. I had a third one, so for the Force I opened it up and was
        shocked to find an element virtually identical to the one Solectria
        used. It fit perfectly and it worked so I guess it was a good match.

        Thanks,

        Mike Chancey,
        '88 Civic EV
        '95 Solectria Force
        Kansas City, Missouri
        EV List Photo Album at: http://evalbum.com
        My Electric Car at: http://www.geocities.com/electric_honda
        Mid-America EAA chapter at: http://maeaa.org
        Join the EV List at: http://www.madkatz.com/ev/evlist.html

        Wasting imported oil is not an act of patriotism, conserving it is.