Heater Blower Question

  • Mike Chancey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2005
      Hi folks,

      I spent yesterday afternoon trying to determine why the timer controlled
      pre-heat on my Force did not work. Careful tracing of the circuits
      revealed that the timer was switching on the heater relay, but the blower
      was not running. While checking the blower motor speed resistors, I found
      the resistor coil for the lowest setting was completely missing. I picked
      up a used one from the salvage yard and tried that, and now the blower does
      run with the timer. So, my question is, was the resistor modified by
      Solectria or simply defective from Geo? With the damaged/modified
      resistor, the blower control did not work on the lowest setting (just above
      off). Now it work fine. So, could someone else with a 95 Force equipped
      with a working pre-heat timer tell me if their blower fan runs in that
      lowest setting during normal driving? In other words, did I just fix this
      or screw it up?

      Thanks,

      Mike Chancey,
      '88 Civic EV