Battery questions

  • cfrkeepr
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      I have a 92 Force that I put 12 new Trojan wet as per original specs
      but I was able to fit the 115 AH. My question is the first couple of
      weeks (Apr04) I was able to get 55 AH, 45 miles but latley she gets
      tired at 30 AH 25 miles. Is this normal? Or is one or more of the
      batteries got a problem already?
    • will
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        With flooded I would not expect you would see any degradation until about
        15K miles. But this depends on how deeply you are discharging the pack each
        time. The 92 only has 12 batteries, right?

        -Will

        I have a 92 Force that I put 12 new Trojan wet as per original specs but I
        was able to fit the 115 AH. My question is the first couple of weeks (Apr04)
        I was able to get 55 AH, 45 miles but latley she gets tired at 30 AH 25
        miles. Is this normal? Or is one or more of the batteries got a problem
        already?

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has
        someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/FGYolB/TM
      • d. Bouton Baldridge
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
          Will,
          You seem to be the expert for Forces, thanks for replying.
          Yep 12 batteries, but just after the installation of the new set I was able to get up to 45 miles and now I'm stretching to get thirty. I've kept the cells full, and usually only go 10 miles or less per day. The new batteries are higher Ah than original but they don't seem to give any better performance than the OEM. I'm going to take the whole lot back to the dealer to test each one, when it gets a little warmer. My theory is if one battery is weak it would draw down the others after a certain voltage. I have been monitoring and recording the set voltage, typically after a fresh charge the set is 155- 158, after the two severe drain days the return voltage was 143-144, it would seem that there should have been better performance with that voltage, but a bad battery would offset the no load voltage under load conditions. Does that seem posible?
          Bouty

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
            It is likely that you have one bad battery. The way to test this is the run
            it down to 30 amp hours then check the voltage on each battery with the
            heater (I assume you heater is electric) on. If the battery is bad the
            voltage will be significantly different than the others.