RE: [force_ev] She's dead Jim!

  • Stephen Taylor
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
      I might check my little Red Service Disconnect Anderson Connector. I had one that apparently started to pull apart and it melted causing all sorts of other problems including blown fuses. The main fuses in the battery pack were blown just enough where I still read full pack voltage, but when any load was put on it the voltage dropped to nearly zero.

      Also isn't there a fuse that goes to the DC/DC converter

      Stephen Taylor

    • Will Beckett
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
        Great suggestions from many of you and all on the right track. The puddle
        of lead was the indicator of the source of this problem. Apparently I did
        not tighten one of the terminals well enough and it melted the post until
        the connection was lost. Kind of like a fuse. This also happened once on
        my Blazer and Otmar and I remolded a terminal on the battery but this time I
        have a spare battery I can use. Thanks for the suggestions. I should be
        back on the road tomorrow.

        -Will

        Will Beckett
        Beckett PC Solutions
        4189 Baker Ave.
        Palo Alto, CA 94306-3908

        (650) 494-6922 phone & fax
        (650) 269-7011 cell
        mailto:will@...
        http://beckettpcsolutions.com <http://beckettpcsolutions.com/>

        "Let me make it easy for you!"

        a Business Network Int'l member http://www.paloaltobni.com
        <http://www.paloaltobni.com/>

        a member of the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce http://www.paloaltochamber.com
        <http://www.paloaltochamber.com/>

        Support the arts, subscribe to West Bay Opera http://www.wbopera.org
        <http://www.wbopera.org/>

        _____

        I might check my little Red Service Disconnect Anderson Connector. I had
        one that apparently started to pull apart and it melted causing all sorts of
        other problems including blown fuses. The main fuses in the battery pack
        were blown just enough where I still read full pack voltage, but when any
        load was put on it the voltage dropped to nearly zero.

        Also isn't there a fuse that goes to the DC/DC converter

        Stephen Taylor

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bgjou2/M=315388.5529720.6602079.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705083269:HM/EXP=1099153796/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://www
        .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
        here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5529720.6602079.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2372354/rand=416852910>

        _____