RE: [force_ev] She's dead Jim!

  • Will Beckett
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
      Not silly at all. This is very likely. I will be checking that next. I
      also have a very old battery pack and it is very possible that one of the
      batteries is causing this problem. My charger may have gone bad as well. I
      should know more when I open it up today.

      -Will

      Will Beckett
      Beckett PC Solutions
      4189 Baker Ave.
      Palo Alto, CA 94306-3908

      (650) 494-6922 phone & fax
      (650) 269-7011 cell
      mailto:will@...
      http://beckettpcsolutions.com <http://beckettpcsolutions.com/>

      "Let me make it easy for you!"

      a Business Network Int'l member http://www.paloaltobni.com
      <http://www.paloaltobni.com/>

      a member of the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce http://www.paloaltochamber.com
      <http://www.paloaltochamber.com/>

      Support the arts, subscribe to West Bay Opera http://www.wbopera.org
      <http://www.wbopera.org/>

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
        I might check my little Red Service Disconnect Anderson Connector. I had one that apparently started to pull apart and it melted causing all sorts of other problems including blown fuses. The main fuses in the battery pack were blown just enough where I still read full pack voltage, but when any load was put on it the voltage dropped to nearly zero.

        Also isn't there a fuse that goes to the DC/DC converter

        Stephen Taylor

      • Will Beckett
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 29, 2004
          Great suggestions from many of you and all on the right track. The puddle
          of lead was the indicator of the source of this problem. Apparently I did
          not tighten one of the terminals well enough and it melted the post until
          the connection was lost. Kind of like a fuse. This also happened once on
          my Blazer and Otmar and I remolded a terminal on the battery but this time I
          have a spare battery I can use. Thanks for the suggestions. I should be
          back on the road tomorrow.

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bgjou2/M=315388.5529720.6602079.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705083269:HM/EXP=1099153796/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://www
          .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
          here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5529720.6602079.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2372354/rand=416852910>

          _____