AH Interface Box Input Cable

  • Fred Fischer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2004
      My 2000 Force has a dead AH display, again. I think this
      problem is within the AH interface box supply cable. This foot
      long cable, with a 6 position Molex connector on one end, and an
      orange 12 contact linear connector on the other, contains a 33
      mF, 450 VDC capacitor across the pack voltage lines. There
      was also another component, probably a precision resistor,
      located in series with the positive pack voltage line just before
      the capacitor. That component was destroyed (burned up) by a
      short inside the AH interface box. I've repaired the short, but the
      circuit will not work without replacing the destroyed component.
      Can anyone tell me the type and value of that component?

      Fred
    • Will Beckett
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2004
        I need to make a note on what this resistor is. I believe it is 1K but you
        can call Kevin at Solectria to find out for sure. Most importantly, fix the
        circuit board in the display box. The trace for the pack voltage are too
        close. Use a wire to jump one of them. It doesn't take much to short this.
        I went through this twice but since I fixed this I have had no problem.

        -Will

        Will Beckett
        Beckett PC Solutions
        4189 Baker Ave.
        Palo Alto, CA 94306-3908

        (650) 494-6922 phone & fax
        (650) 269-7011 cell
        mailto:will@...
        http://beckettpcsolutions.com <http://beckettpcsolutions.com/>

        "Let me make it easy for you!"

        a Business Network Int'l member http://www.paloaltobni.com
        <http://www.paloaltobni.com/>

        a member of the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce http://www.paloaltochamber.com
        <http://www.paloaltochamber.com/>

        Support the arts, subscribe to West Bay Opera http://www.wbopera.org
        <http://www.wbopera.org/>

        _____

        My 2000 Force has a dead AH display, again. I think this
        problem is within the AH interface box supply cable. This foot
        long cable, with a 6 position Molex connector on one end, and an
        orange 12 contact linear connector on the other, contains a 33
        mF, 450 VDC capacitor across the pack voltage lines. There
        was also another component, probably a precision resistor,
        located in series with the positive pack voltage line just before
        the capacitor. That component was destroyed (burned up) by a
        short inside the AH interface box. I've repaired the short, but the
        circuit will not work without replacing the destroyed component.
        Can anyone tell me the type and value of that component?

        Fred

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129cp6jom/M=315388.5500238.6578046.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705083269:HM/EXP=1098202883/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://www
        .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
        here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5500238.6578046.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2372354/rand=108400721>

        _____