How Much Regen Braking Do You Get?

  • gjc02000
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
      How Much Regen Braking Do You Get? I have been watching my KWH
      meter on my Solectria. During in-town driving where one frequently
      needs to stop for traffic, I figure I get about 10% regenerative
      braking. What figures have other people been getting?

      During braking, I count the total amount of energy that rolls the
      KWH display backwards (into the batteries) and then divide it by the
      amount of energy it took for the trip.

      Sincerely,
      Gary Carlson
    • Will Beckett
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
        10% has been what I have been getting as well.

        -Will

        Will Beckett
        Beckett PC Solutions
        4189 Baker Ave.
        Palo Alto, CA 94306-3908

        (650) 494-6922 phone & fax
        (650) 269-7011 cell
        mailto:will@...
        http://beckettpcsolutions.com <http://beckettpcsolutions.com/>

        "Let me make it easy for you!"

        a Business Network Int'l member http://www.paloaltobni.com
        <http://www.paloaltobni.com/>

        a member of the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce http://www.paloaltochamber.com
        <http://www.paloaltochamber.com/>

        Support the arts, subscribe to West Bay Opera http://www.wbopera.org
        <http://www.wbopera.org/>

        _____

        How Much Regen Braking Do You Get? I have been watching my KWH
        meter on my Solectria. During in-town driving where one frequently
        needs to stop for traffic, I figure I get about 10% regenerative
        braking. What figures have other people been getting?

        During braking, I count the total amount of energy that rolls the
        KWH display backwards (into the batteries) and then divide it by the
        amount of energy it took for the trip.

        Sincerely,
        Gary Carlson

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12919fddg/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705083269:HM/EXP=1097591007/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://prom
        otions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2376776/rand=437247598>

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Aaron Birenboim
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2004
          I have posted before on this... but I'll go fishing again.

          I replaced the computer connectors to my AMC 300 (1992 force),
          but still I get no action at all when turning on the car.

          (I had a problem with the inverter shutting down after
          hitting a small bump. If I stopped the car, cycled
          from "off" to "forward", it started up again...
          until on one bump, it stopped dead.
          I assumed it was a wire/contact since it started
          after removing the inverter for battery maint. one day....
          cables were jostled)

          Is there any testing I can do?
          Can a call to Solectria (with credit card in hand) help?

          The error LED is not attached on this car.
          Might that help?

          I have not (yet) looked into what might to be
          the 26-pin break-out box marked "solectria" under the
          dash. Perhaps I could at least look at the error LED signal
          if I got in there.

          I'll ask again.... might anybody have the pin-outs
          for the other two 10-conductor cables? The user's manual
          I have talks about the 26-pin cable, but no mention of the
          other two cables.

          --
          Aaron Birenboim | This space available!
          Albuquerque, NM |