[force_ev] Strange problem

  • Leonard Tramiel
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2004
      Occasionally, but all too often, my Force will just die. I'll be driving
      along and suddenly the drive system acts like it has been switched out of
      drive. The car won't accelerate, the regenerative braking doesn't occur, the
      car just glides. I then stop, turn it off and restart. It then goes like
      nothing has happened. I haven't noticed a correlation with anything. Not low
      charge, high current, short rides, long rides, nothing.

      Any ideas?

      -Leonard
    • Aaron Birenboim
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2004
        Leonard Tramiel wrote:
        > Occasionally, but all too often, my Force will just die. I'll be driving
        > along and suddenly the drive system acts like it has been switched out of
        > drive. The car won't accelerate, the regenerative braking doesn't occur, the
        > car just glides. I then stop, turn it off and restart. It then goes like
        > nothing has happened. I haven't noticed a correlation with anything. Not low
        > charge, high current, short rides, long rides, nothing.

        I had the same problem, it occurred on very small bumps...
        like a manhole cover.

        Pretty sure it was wiring, but I haven't fixed it yet,
        so I'm not totally sure.

        I have new ribbon-cable ends in the garage that I haven't
        tried yet.

        I'd guess that some sense line is interrupted, and the
        computer shuts the inverter down.

        I found that I could switch it to the neutral/off position,
        stop the car, then put it in forward and I'm fine.
        Seems like some computer BIT checks that vehicle is not
        moving before enabling the inverter again.
        --
        Aaron Birenboim | This space available!
        Albuquerque, NM |
        >http://aaron.boim.com |
      • gjc02000
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2004
          When I was first getting my Force converted to a Brusa AMC320
          controller, I had the maximum allowable voltage set too low when I
          programmed the controller. When the batteries were just freshly
          charged, the controller would shut off, due to what it though was an
          over voltage condition. Reprogramming the controller fixed it.

          My problem occured during regen braking with freshly charged
          batteries. Everything would go dead. You had to turn off the key,
          wait a couple seconds and then restart. It then took off like
          nothing ever happened.

          I don't think that is what your problem is, but ... for what it is
          worth.

          Gary

          --- In force_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Leonard Tramiel" <leonard@t...>