9946Re: [solectria_ev] DMOC445 help

    Jul 29, 2014

      Are you using the encluded encoder cable?

      If you made your own or lengthend it, make sure you have a good shielded cable for the encoder.

      Another thing to try is an automotive jumper cable from the motor case to the DMOC445 case, just clip it on any bare metal.

      Also, make sure your high voltage pack battery is isolated from the vehicle frame ground.

      And make sure your low voltage (12V) negative battery or DC-DC is connected to the frame, and the motor and controller housing.

      If you have any other control electronics driving the New Eagle, make sure that is shielded as well.

      It is also possible have the low and high voltage limits set to close in the DMOC445.

      You can also use hyperterminal (19200 8-N-1) to check and see what the DMOC445 thinks is going wrong. On the 8-pin connector, pin-1 RS232 TX, pin-2 RS232 RX, and pin-3 is ground.

      On Jul 28, 2014 6:16 PM, "Patrick Collins pcollinskume@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have posted here a couple of times, but I could really use the help of someone knowledgeable of the Azure Dynamics CAN DMOC. I'm a Master's student and I have got the vehicle driving (hits around 50, and can easily do more). However, when I activate regen it seems like I am getting echoing on the CAN bus. I have two termination points on the network, and to my knowledge the DMOC has not logged any errors lately (need to double check).

      Additionally, in order to accelerate I have to barely push on the pedal. Once it gets going I can gradually apply more pedal. If you try to apply too much pedal, things shake and it feels like there's no power at the motor.

      Our ECU was programmed by New Eagle (who at the time had partnered with Azure and Ford for the transit). I feel like these issues are probably trivial but since Azure is gone, tech support is non existent.

      Controller: Azure CAN DMOC445
      Motor: Azure AC55
      ECU: New Eagle (pedal came from them too)
      Battery pack: 35 kWh Calb LiFePO4 (3.3 VDC, 100 Ah, 104 cells)
      BMS: Elithion Lithiumate Pro
      Vehicle: 1997 GMC Jimmy
      Direct drive to rear differential

      Email me at pcollinskume@... if you are interested in helping and I can get you more details.