9945Re: [solectria_ev] DMOC445 help

  • Collin Kidder
    Jul 29, 2014
      Well, someone mentioned GEVCU. I was involved in practically everything surrounding that project so if you want to go that route I could probably answer any questions you might have. Yes, AZD is out of business. But, you have a New Eagle ECU. Why don't you ask them about it? Believe me, New Eagle is still in business and still making ECUs. They aren't very friendly to people like me but they should help you since you've got their product.

      What do you mean by "echoing on the CAN bus"? What does it do when you regen?

      Do you have the Lithiumate Pro hooked into your throttle?

      Shaking and weird throttle issues can sometimes be traced to faulty shielding of the wires. I know that AZD created a filter box that they had people put in-line on the encoder wiring from the motor to the DMOC. Otherwise the encoder wires were prone to pick up noise off of the three-phase power wires to the motor. You might try to reroute the encoder wires or otherwise shield them from the power wires as much as possible and see if that helps.

      -Collin Kidder

      On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Patrick Collins pcollinskume@... [solectria_ev] <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have posted here a couple of times, but I could really use the help of someone knowledgeable of the Azure Dynamics CAN DMOC. I'm a Master's student and I have got the vehicle driving (hits around 50, and can easily do more). However, when I activate regen it seems like I am getting echoing on the CAN bus. I have two termination points on the network, and to my knowledge the DMOC has not logged any errors lately (need to double check).

      Additionally, in order to accelerate I have to barely push on the pedal. Once it gets going I can gradually apply more pedal. If you try to apply too much pedal, things shake and it feels like there's no power at the motor.

      Our ECU was programmed by New Eagle (who at the time had partnered with Azure and Ford for the transit). I feel like these issues are probably trivial but since Azure is gone, tech support is non existent.

      Controller: Azure CAN DMOC445
      Motor: Azure AC55
      ECU: New Eagle (pedal came from them too)
      Battery pack: 35 kWh Calb LiFePO4 (3.3 VDC, 100 Ah, 104 cells)
      BMS: Elithion Lithiumate Pro
      Vehicle: 1997 GMC Jimmy
      Direct drive to rear differential

      Email me at pcollinskume@... if you are interested in helping and I can get you more details.