9931Re: [solectria_ev] DMOC Adapter Digital Dash

  • Collin Kidder
    Jul 14 9:13 AM
      Heh, I hadn't even thought about it. The DMOC does output at 50Hz doesn't it. ;) What I meant by configuration over wifi is that surely your DMOC control device must have some parameters that can be set, doesn't it? Things like maximum torque and throttle map and such?

      As you might realize, I'm one of the people most directly responsible for GEVCU. We have gauges sort of like yours (they look different but it's the same basic idea) and we have the ability to configure parameters via a webpage so that the end user can tweak the settings. So, I wondered if you were planning to do something similar. Though, I do like your idea to maybe be able to move around and resize the gauges. That'd be pretty awesome really.

      On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Wolf wolf@... [solectria_ev] <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      50Hz is the speed I get CAN data from the DMOC, I just pass it thru the websocket and let the tablet decode them.

      I am not sure the tablet is fast enough to render the display 50 times a second, but the data is there.

      I am also not sure what you mean by "Configuration over WiFi", if you mean the dash board, then:

      Right now the dashboard is hard coded, so it is not that configureable, I just built some gauges and mapped to interesting values that would move on the screen for the video. Temperature gauges would not do much. ;)

      But they are all built and rendered using HTML5 canvas, so they can be moved around and resized on the fly... So I could make a tool box with all the gauges and you just drag and drop the ones you care about on to the dash.

      On Jul 14, 2014 7:37 AM, "Collin Kidder collink@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That's pretty neat. It looks sharp and 50Hz is plenty fast. Certainly it's a really good start. Do you also plan to allow for configuration over wifi?

      On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Wolf wolf@... [solectria_ev] <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      This is the crude digital dash I made for the DMOC Adapter:

      I going to have to make a version for my E-10. :)

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic