9921Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Cruise Control

  • Russell Fauver
    Jul 8, 2014
      I would like to have it disconnect when I step on the brake. can you explain what needs to happen with the relay and number 20?

      On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:22 PM, "Wolf wolf@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      No problem. :)
      I highly recommend adding in the circuit to disable cruise when you tap the brakes.
      Also, when in cruise, the drive can command full throttle, limited by the power setting.
      On Jul 8, 2014 11:29 AM, "Russell Fauver russell_fauver@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Yes! that did it!

      thanks for the help.

      On Monday, July 7, 2014 6:12 PM, "Wolf wolf@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Connect pins 4 and 17 together.
      Then n.o. push button from them to pin 1.
      On Jul 7, 2014 3:58 PM, "Russell Fauver russell_fauver@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      ok, so I connected pin 4 to 15 and put a n.o. push button switch between them and pin 1. Got up to 35 and pushed the button, nothing happened. Took it to 45 and pressed it again, nuttin. There's a little black box under the steering column that the 25 pin cable connects to, do I need to do anything with that?

      On Sunday, July 6, 2014 3:17 PM, "Wolf wolf@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Pin 17 for cruise (speed down).
      The copy I have shows pin 15 for the star switch.
      Pin 10 to pin 1 goes to the star/delta contactor.
      Back in 92 we built a solar car that used the star/delta mode with a Solectria BLS8 motor.
      We had it geared real high, so you needed the star mode to get enough torque to start moving or go up hills, then shifted to delta once you got above 30MPH.
      On Jul 6, 2014 8:55 AM, "mtoussaint17799@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Is it PIN 15 or 17 ? In the AMC manual, I see PIN 4 & 17 for the tempomat function and there seem to be an error for the start/delta switch (pin 16 in the usermanual should be pin 15 ?)

      Anyone tried to install a big star/delta switch in their Solectria ?

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic