988Re: [force_ev] Any priced chargers?

  • d. Bouton Baldridge
    Jul 1, 2004
      Thanks for the feedback. You helped me confirm my decision to get the Zivan, in that I have new flooded batteries and the price was less than $1000, with the temp compensation.
      Bouty

      Aaron Birenboim <aaron@...> wrote:
      umarc wrote:
      > On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, cfrkeepr wrote:
      >

      >>Are there any reasonable chargers to be had? Please help me.
      >

      > When I needed a new charger three years ago, I was tempted to try building
      > my own. But I ended up buying a Zivan NG-3; it was under a thousand
      > dollars. I don't know if it is still available, but the user's manual
      > lists two U.S. dealers:
      >
      > Electric Conversions
      > 215 14th Street
      > Sacramento, CA 95814
      > (916) 441-4161
      >
      > Zapi Inc.
      > 6220 Angus Drive Street 102
      > Raleigh, NC 27613
      > (919) 789-4588
      >

      > Rob Landry
      > umarc@...

      IMOHO, the Zivan has a nasty finish-charge algorithm, and
      will shorten the life of anything but flooded batteries.
      Might want to check if Zapi has chips to provide gentler
      profiles.

      There was a canadian company (forgetting the name) that
      has a well-respected charger, but they max-out at 72v.
      If you have an old 144v system, you could get two of them.
      They had q in their name or something (NOT Soneil)
      --
      Aaron Birenboim | This space available!
      Albuquerque, NM |
      >http://aaron.boim.com |