      Especially page 14 where they demon straight way cell balancing is not possible with current flowing. Only way to tell SOC is to stop charging and read OCV.

      If this link does not work then google continuous cell balancing.

      I do not claim that what they want to do will work either but it's an interesting apparoach.

      On Jun 1, 2014, at 5:58 AM, "'biker_ev@...' biker_ev@... [solectria_ev]" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Orion does perform ground fault isolation checks.

      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

      From: Charles Bliss cbliss@... [solectria_ev] <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com>;
      To: <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Orion BMS anyone interested?
      Sent: Sun, Jun 1, 2014 6:06:44 AM

      I put Pico Fuses at the battery terminals. 5 amp is more than
      adequate. Crimp them into the ring terminal and put a butt connector
      between the pico fuse and the wire. Heat shrink over the assembly.
      Saved me more than once. Pain to replace blown fuses, but even worse to
      replace me, wires, batteries or the vehicle.

      On 5/31/2014 9:46 PM, geo.homsy@... [solectria_ev] wrote:
      > ...............However I am not really thrilled about the hazardous
      > wiring requirements.I can't think of any better way to catch your car
      > on fire than to have twenty-some pack-voltage wires running all the
      > way between battery boxes.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic