      Yes, it's a Force (I think?) It's a sedan and they claim it's an actual 1990 so unless there was another model back then (or it was called something else back then), then it should be a Force...right? Being that it is a 1990, might that make it one of the early prototypes or something???

      Thanks again,
      Chris

      On Friday, May 2, 2014 2:15 PM, Doug Brentlinger <dougb120@...> wrote:

      Hi Chris,
      Is this a Solectria Force?  If yes,  it has been very reliable overall and there are lots of people that have extensive knowledge about it.  The Solectria Chevrolet S10 truck conversion is problem prone and difficult to fix, not good for a newbie.
      Good luck, seems like a good price.

      doug
      510-304-5001

      From: Chris Kelleher <cwkelleher@...>
      To: "solectria_ev@egroups.com" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, May 2, 2014 11:52 AM
      Subject: [solectria_ev] Hello - new member Chris. 'Looking at a '90 Solectria EV

      Hi All,

       I'm a newbie to the group. I joined to ask you all a few questions since I'm looking at a Solectria EV for sale. If I end up buying it, then you'll probably hear a lot more from me because I will certainly have lots of other questions. I'm an ME living in Silicon Valley who likes to restore broken things to working order as a hobby. I'm wondering if I would find this car fun and useful, or a frustrating money hole?

       The car is a '90 and the seller says the condition is excellent and the battery (L/A) is new. It's never been in an accident and looks great (normal to light exterior wear for a '90 car)  and the interior is in excellent condition. It has A/C. Tires, brakes, etc. are in good condition too- nothing needs to be urgently done to the car. They say it runs great and has always been well maintained. They're asking $2500.

       Are there any important things I should know about the '90 version of this car or the Solectria brand in general? He claims it gets a 30 mile range. Is that about normal for this year/model? This would be my first EV. I drive about 9 miles a day plus an extra 10 miles a week. Really, I'm just looking for cheap, economical transportation but I want to save the environment as well. I've often thought about going hybrid or all electric but never looked at it seriously since price always seemed an issue....'till I found this car for sale.

      Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Chris

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic