      From: Chris Kelleher <cwkelleher@...>
      To: "solectria_ev@egroups.com" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, May 2, 2014 11:52 AM
      Subject: [solectria_ev] Hello - new member Chris. 'Looking at a '90 Solectria EV

      Hi All,

       I'm a newbie to the group. I joined to ask you all a few questions since I'm looking at a Solectria EV for sale. If I end up buying it, then you'll probably hear a lot more from me because I will certainly have lots of other questions. I'm an ME living in Silicon Valley who likes to restore broken things to working order as a hobby. I'm wondering if I would find this car fun and useful, or a frustrating money hole?

       The car is a '90 and the seller says the condition is excellent and the battery (L/A) is new. It's never been in an accident and looks great (normal to light exterior wear for a '90 car)  and the interior is in excellent condition. It has A/C. Tires, brakes, etc. are in good condition too- nothing needs to be urgently done to the car. They say it runs great and has always been well maintained. They're asking $2500.

       Are there any important things I should know about the '90 version of this car or the Solectria brand in general? He claims it gets a 30 mile range. Is that about normal for this year/model? This would be my first EV. I drive about 9 miles a day plus an extra 10 miles a week. Really, I'm just looking for cheap, economical transportation but I want to save the environment as well. I've often thought about going hybrid or all electric but never looked at it seriously since price always seemed an issue....'till I found this car for sale.

      Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Chris

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic