9645Re: [solectria_ev] Oasis Firefly Batteries

  • theoldcars
    Feb 1, 2014

      Per the Firefly web site

      http://fireflyinternationalenergy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Oasis-G31-FF12D1-G31-Spec.pdf

      80% DOD 1000 cycles

      What you don't know is at what amp load?

      The highest amp load they show 20.2 amps x 5 hours which
      is not real world loads for a EV.

      Firefly pack would weigh 975 pounds I believe
      about 75 more then a gel pack

      CALB CA 60AH pack weighs 740 pounds less.

      Not sure what the costs of the Firefly is but I doubt it's less
      then a gel pack. The gel cells are they around 240 each?

      For about 30% more then gel you can buy a CALB 60AH pack

      The CALB pack would have far more cycle life and greatly
      Improved all around performance.

      I am not able to post costs on the CALB cells because it's less
      then anyone else including buying directly from CALB.

      Once you put in a LiFePo4 pack you will never go back to lead.
      Just ask any of the LiFePo4 drivers on this list.

      Don

      Sent from AOL Mobile Mail