9636Ah counter stops counting when cold

  • janzicek
    Jan 24
      99 Force, original Brusa Ah counter.  The display will "freeze" at whatever value it was last showing when the temperature gets much below freezing.  The red/green LEDs stop working too.  If I warm the control box a little with a hair dryer etc...  it starts working just fine until it get's cold again.

      Initially I thought maybe it was a bad solder joint, but I have re-touched the whole board and the problem persists.  It's fine in the summer, but here in MI I end up using my phone and BMS for state of charge all winter because my meter quits in the cold.

      Has anyone seen this issue?  Thanks in advance.

      Josh